- This event has passed.
Facility Residence Management (Part 2)
July 7 @ 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM$95
Advertised price is for early bird registration, which requires a 14 day advance purchase.
Residential care work involves many kinds of tasks, including:
- Working directly with clients;
- Working with supervisors, administrators, and regulatory bodies;
- Working with family, teachers and other community persons;
- Managing the living unit;
- Protecting the health and safety of the clients;
- Necessary record keeping;
- and Much more.
Careproviders face many of these tasks on a daily basis. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. In this workshop we are going to look at a variety of these tasks and how we deal with them individually and as a group. The workshop will be examining some of these areas in more detail to emphasize appropriate and efficient ways of managing them.
AREAS COVERED INCLUDE;
- Universal Precautions and Personal Protective Equipment
- Medication Dispensing, Recording, Laws and Policy Regulations
- Housekeeping/Sanitation: CCL regulations/Technical Support Program Administrative Assessment Checklists/CA Law Requiring Carbon Monoxide Devices
- Food Service/Menu/Recommended Daily Allowance Requirements
- Activities Planning and Required Posted Daily Activity Schedules
- Client Personal Property – Cash/Record Keeping
- Documentation: Special Incident Reporting/Suspected Abuse
- Client/Consumer Rights/Discipline dos and don’ts/Use of Group Meetings
- Emergency Interventions: Runaway, Suicidal/Homicidal Ideation, Violence, Property Damage/Manual Restraints/ Plans/Protective Separation Room/
- Training Requirements
- Documentation and Reporting Requirements
- Neighborhood and Community Relations
11 people are attending Facility Residence Management (Part 2)