- This event has passed.
Facility Residence Management(Part 1)
August 4 @ 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM$95
FOR: GH, ARF, RCFE
Note That advertised price is for early registration
Satisfies Laws & regulations
Note: Advertised price is for early bird registration which requires 14 days advance purchase.
Course Objectives: Residential care work involves many kinds of tasks, including:
- Working directly with clients;
- Working with supervisors, administrators, and regulatory bodies;
- Working with family,and other community persons;
- Managing the living unit; Protecting the health and safety of the clients;
- Necessary record keeping;
- An overview of Client Populations/Family Dynamics
- and Much more.
Careproviders face many of these tasks on a daily basis. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. In this workshop we are going to look at a variety of these tasks and how we deal with them individually and as a group. The workshop will be examining some of these areas in more detail to emphasize appropriate and efficient ways of managing them.
AREAS COVERED INCLUDE;
- An overview of group dynamics , Relationships among and between residents
- Human relationships/Non-Discrimination & Safety
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Admission/Discharge/Privacy Procedures for consumers/clients
- Complaint and Grievance Policies; signed forms and required postings
- Supervision of consumers/clients; staff ratios & optimum practices
- Family visitation and monitoring
- Management of Crises and Emergencies
- Recognizing Signs of illness
- Health Care and Medical Procedure
7 people are attending Facility Residence Management(Part 1)