Understanding Diversity and Finding the Common Ground
- Understand Cultural Competency Training Requirements for Certified Administrators
- Explore Brief Research Facts, Statistics, and Cultural Considerations
- Be Familiar with AB 458- the Foster Care Non-Discrimination Act exclusively for the protection of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth and adults engaged in the provision of care
- Examine Senate Bill 219- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Long-Term Care Facility Resident’s Bill of Rights
- Review AB 2719- Recognizing the Needs of LGBTQ Older Adults
- Gain Awareness and learn the skills require to provide effective care to clients that are from different cultural and social backgrounds, including sexual diversity.
- Examine the PFLAG National Glossary of Terms in regards to Gender and Sexual Orientation
- Learn about available information, involved organizations and resources for clients and staff training needs.
- Explore key facts for demographics and statistics on effects of prejudice
Sources Go back outline and add sources