CEU: 4 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP for Administrators
When it comes to HIPAA, it is important to keep client information confidential. Participants will be able to address the following questions after this course.
- Do I really need to read my client’s full file before I go out to visit him/her…?
- Can I tell my supervisor how the doctor’s appointment with my client went in the lunch room…?
- Should I share my client’s private information with my co-worker even though they are not involved with the client’s care…?
- Could I send a fax to someone even though they are on vacation…?
- If you are worried that you may not be following HIPAA’s privacy act , have no fear this course is here for you! This seminar gives Administrators and Direct Care Professionals practical techniques for complying with HIPAA
- By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- What is HIPAA
- Understand the Privacy Rule of HIPAA
- Understand the Security Rule of HIPAA
- What is Protected Health Information PHI
- Recognize the common identifiers of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Minimum Use Requirement
- Know the importance of keeping client information private in a variety of settings
- Maintaining Confidentiality while communicating with others
- Duties of a HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Understand who is authorized to receive protected health information
- Most Common HIPAA Violations
- Most Common HIPAA Violations by Employees
- Be aware of what constitutes a HIPAA penalty
- HIPAA & COVID 19
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with Module 1, then Module 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read or listen to the material and watch all videos, if applicable, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain, at least, 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next section. You can retake the quiz as many times as necessary.
- NOTE: Each page is timed, see top right hand corner of page for timer. You will not be able to advance forward, until you have completed all the work on each page and the timer has run out.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE “MARK COMPLETE” ICON ON EACH PAGE, ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THAT PAGE. You can only do this once the timer runs out
You can also Navigate through the course using the Blue navigation pane, on the top left side of your window.
You can collapse the Navigation pane,
by toggling it.