CEU: 4 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP for Administrators
When it comes to HIPAA, it is important to keep client information confidential. Participants will be able to address the following questions after this course.
- Do I really need to read my client’s full file before I go out to visit him/her…?
- Can I tell my supervisor how the doctor’s appointment with my client went in the lunch room…?
- Should I share my client’s private information with my co-worker even though they are not involved with the client’s care…?
- Could I send a fax to someone even though they are on vacation…?
- If you are worried that you may not be following HIPAA’s privacy act , have no fear this course is here for you! This seminar gives Administrators and Direct Care Professionals practical techniques for complying with HIPAA
- By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- What is HIPAA
- Understand the Privacy Rule of HIPAA
- Understand the Security Rule of HIPAA
- What is Protected Health Information PHI
- Recognize the common identifiers of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Minimum Use Requirement
- Know the importance of keeping client information private in a variety of settings
- Maintaining Confidentiality while communicating with others
- Duties of a HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Understand who is authorized to receive protected health information
- Most Common HIPAA Violations
- Most Common HIPAA Violations by Employees
- Be aware of what constitutes a HIPAA penalty
- HIPAA & COVID 19
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with 1, then 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read the material and watch any videos if any, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next lesson
- Complete Lessons first and then topics withing the lesson, if applicable.Some lessons have topics and others do not.
If a lesson or topic has multiple pages (check the bottom of the lesson/topic page for Pages 1,2,3 etc), complete the additional pages by clicking on page 1 then page 2 then page 3 etc (see image below) before moving on to the next topic or the next lesson. You can access each page by clicking on the page numbers 1,2,3 etc. IN THIS EXAMPLE, when you are done with page 3 of the lesson, mark Lesson complete and then click next Lesson
- If a Lesson has multiple topics, as seen in the picture below, you have to do the topics in the order that they are show. First complete the lesson and any additional lesson pages,if any , as explained above. Once you click the mark complete button on the lesson it will automatically take you to the next topic. As you click mark complete on each topic, it will automatically take you to the next topic in the correct order of progression.
- Wait for the timer to finish at the bottom of the lesson/topic then click MARK COMPLETE ( at the bottom of the screen), and proceed to the next topic.
- DO the quiz last.
- Your certificate will be emailed to you, within 48 hours after you have completed the evaluation on the LAST SCREEN.