- This event has passed.
Assertiveness and Empowerment
October 7, 2017 @ 1:30 PM - 7:30 PM$70Get Tickets
FOR: GH,ARF, RCFE
This training was developed for direct care staff in effort to educate on assertiveness and empowerment. Making the connection between assertiveness is pretty clear for how we can use it to empower ourselves. It is not so clear when it comes to how we empower others. Power is influence potential. For our clients it means we help them figure out how to bring their resources together to get what they need for themselves. This training will teach staff to empower themselves and others by means of assertive communication.
Participant’s training objectives:
- Discuss the role of assertiveness in developing self-esteem and sense of personal power.
- Describe assertiveness and it role in encouraging behavior change in others.
- Improve teamwork and organization by learning to communicate more effectively.
- Provide some tools for both role modeling and teaching effective communication
- Obstacles to assertiveness
- Empowering ourselves and others
- Examples of assertiveness practice
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791