- This event has passed.
Cultural Competence Training with LGBTQ
May 4, 2018 @ 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM$95.00Get Tickets
FOR: GH, ARF, RCFE
Approved by CCL to satisfy Cultural Sensitivity & LGBT requirement for Facility Administrators
Note: The advertised Price is the Early Bird price which requires a 14 day advance purchase.
NOTE:REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 days before the class start date. NO WALK INS ACCEPTED. If you need to get into the class after registration is closed please click here to email us to inquire about availability.
Course Description: Understanding diversity; including sexual diversity and finding
1. To increase participant’s awareness of his or her own cultural values and their influence
on interacting with others and with residents in care.
2. To define the components, structures and processes of culture.
3. To present specific methods for fostering cultural awareness and acceptance of differences
for individuals and in the organization.
4. To improve the ability of individuals and organization to adapt practices to meeting the
needs of the individual client within the cultural context of the client.
5. To further emphasize the importance of focusing treatment on the individual needs of the
client and the role of caregiver’s cultural awareness in assessment and treatment.
6. To increase participant’s ability to effectively deal with diversity, including sexual
diversity in order to develop cultural competence.
Effective January 2016 it is required by regulations per Dept of Social Services, Administrator Certification Section, that you have at least 1 hour of LGBTQ training if you didn’t do it in your initial administrator ICTP training. This class satisfies that requirement.
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791