- This event has passed.
Cultural Competence Training with LGBTQ
February 4, 2017 @ 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM$95.00Get Tickets
FOR: GH, ARF, RCFE
Note: The advertised Price is the Early Bird price which requires a 14 day advance purchase.
Course Objective:To increase participant’s awareness of his/her own cultural values and their influence on interacting with others and with youth/adults/elderly in care. To further emphasize the importance of focusing treatment on the individual needs of the client and the role of the caregiver’s cultural awareness in assessment and treatment.Includes training on LGBTQ clients.
- Understanding cultural diversity; including sexual diversity and the best practices for finding common ground.
- Understanding the dynamics of the viewing point
- The components of culture and the expression of values
- Reference groups, culture and sub-culture
- Cultural Diversity, the good and the bad of it.
- 10 Strategies for cultural competence.
- Working with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning clients
Effective January 2016 it is required by regulations per Dept of Social Services, Administrator Certification Section, that you have at least 1 hour of LGBTQ training if you didn’t do it in your initial administrator ICTP training. This class satisfies that requirement.
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791