- This event has passed.
Diversity & Inclusion
January 20 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM$95.00Get Tickets
*** Approved for Cultural Competence, LGBT Requirement
CEU: 8 for STRTP, GH, ARF & RCFE
1 Hour lunch break & Multiple 10 min breaks
FOR: Administrators, Managers, Direct Care Staff, Foster parents
Regular Price: $95
Early Bird Price: $90
Note: Advertised price is early bird price and requires at least a 14 day advance purchase.
Venue: Zoom (As long as CCL permits)
Emails will be sent with zoom invite & course materials 2 days before class
Experiencing diversity is a part of living in a civilized society. Differences do not equal a right way and a wrong way, it is variety that can lead to a common goal. Understanding the various forms of diversity makes for a better working environment and world in general.
This 8 hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEU) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing key components of cultural and diversity awareness.
By the end of the course, students will be able:
- What is Diversity
- Understand various forms of diversity
- Racial Diversity – Diversity Initiatives, Complaint Process
- Employees with Disabilities – Hiring, Accessibility
- Pregnant Employees – Accommodations, Maternity Leave, Firing
- Employees over 40
- LGBT Employees- Phobias, Company’s Mission Equality Statement
- The importance of sensitivity training
- Handling Diversity Complaint
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791