Food Storage Essentials for Residential Care
November 12 @ 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM$35Get Tickets
NOTE THIS COURSE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE AND IS PRICED SEPARATELY
FOR: ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
This 2 hour training on Food Storage Essentials for Residential Care, will address the care provider’s responsibility to ensure food is safe, nutritious, appealing and delicious for our residents. We will discuss how food-borne illness is caused and spread as well as the proper hand washing technique and general safety practices related to food preparation.
2 days before class Emails will be sent with course material and zoom invite.
Participant’s Training objectives:
1. Introduction to nutrition and the importance of good nutrition for residents in our communities;
2. Tips for healthy eating;
3. The importance of hydration and signs of dehydration;
4. Hydration options;
5. What are modified diets;
6. Dysphagia and how do we swallow, how it occurs, some problems caused by dysphagia, and treatment;
7. Resident preferences;
8. Food-borne illness and how food becomes contaminated;
9. General food safety practices;
10. Hand washing techniques;
11. The importance of proper food temperatures;
13. How to properly clean and sanitize;
14. Chemicals in the food service area;
15. Other hazards to be aware of when dealing with food safety.
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791