- This event has passed.
August 16, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM$55Get Tickets
FOR: GH,STRTP, ARF, RCFE
REGULAR PRICE: $55
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $45
NOTE: Advertised price is for early registration and needs at least a 14 day advanced purchase.
NOTE:REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 days before the class start date. NO WALK INS ACCEPTED without prior permission, if there is enough space in classroom exceptions apply.If you need to get into the class after registration is closed please click here to email us to inquire about availability. You can show up on the day of training without prior registration and payment, however if it is a full class seating priority will first be given to students who have paid.
Course Description: This training is designed to provide an overview of HIV, AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) infections. Specific signs, symptoms, Diagnostic tests and treatment modalities for all three are presented. Universal precautions and prevention strategies are emphasized and Confidentiality, Privacy Laws and HIPAA are discussed. Routes of transmission, prevention strategies, and the latest statistics are reviewed.
1. To understand how the human immunodeficiency virus, the virus that causes AIDS and TB
2. To be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of these diseases and what steps to take
when you recognize them.
3. To understand that people with HIV infection/AIDS are more susceptible to TB infection.
4. To examine the different types of tests use to diagnose HIV/AIDS and TB.
5. To evaluate specific groups at high risk for HIV infection and/or TB infection.
6. To examine the different types of treatment available for HIV/AIDS and TB.
7. To understand the difference between latent TB infection and active TB infection.
8. To understand how to prevent occupational transmission of HIV/AIDS/TB infection via
practices such as Universal Precautions and wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
9. To examine the history of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, the history of Tuberculosis, the latest
research and the incidence and prevalence statistics for HIV/AIDS/TB.
10. To understand Confidentiality, HIPAA and Private Health Information &Privacy Laws.
11. To learn of available resources.
12. Understand what is Post Exposure Prophylaxis, when it should be taken and side effects
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791