- This event has passed.
Staff Communication using the Trauma Informed Model: Staffs Role & Core Practices
February 13, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM$60Get Tickets
Staff Communication using the Trauma Informed Model: Session Two: Staffs Role & Core Practices
CEU: No Admin Ceu’s for this class
Hours 2.5 in-service hours
Staffs Role & Core Practices is the second course in a 3 part series on Trauma Informed Communication.
In Session One We discussed the staff expectations and defined what Trauma Informed Care is. We touched on what a client maybe feeling and what our goals with them should consist of.
In this follow up session We will discuss the caregivers role in more detail. What should be some of the core practices we need and utilize in helping our clients?
Communication with each other dealing with Trauma Informed Clients:
We now know from session one a few basic concepts:
- Trauma isn’t isolated to just the victim; it directly affects the family that is involved as well.
- Trauma prevention is based on Self. Finding positive healing and self-regulatory themes.
- Core theme in any Trauma Informed Model is = Self Protection
What skills are we building within the child?
The internalized lessons that a child really takes hold of will last a life time. The things that are done through fear have no long term impact on true growth and character!
Trauma Informed Lens:
- AWOL Behavior
- Substance Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
These are all = Exposure to Maltreatment.
A Treatment Improvement Protocol: The 3 R’s every agency should look at.
- Realizes- The widespread impact of Trauma and potential paths.
- Recognizes- Signs, symptoms of Trauma in clients, and staff.
- Responds- by fully integrating knowledge about trauma in policies.
An Agency should do everything in its power to resist re-traumatization!
Agency Tip: Re-Assess your Agency systems
- Intake and Rules
- Consequences and Rewards
Also in this 3 part training series
Session One: Building Relationships with Clients
Session Three:Self Reflection and Our Purpose
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791