- This event has passed.
Zoom~Facility Residence Management I
November 1 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM$95.00Get Tickets
Administrator CEU’s: 8 for STRTP & GH ONLY.
*** APPROVED FOR 8 HRS OF LAWS, REGULATIONS & POLICY FOR STRTP & GH
IN-SERVICE HOURS: 8 for all Managers, Direct Care Staff
NO CEU’s APPROVED FOR: ARF & RCFE administrators.
Course material and zoom invite: emailed 2 days before class starts.
Regular Price: $95
Early Bird Price: $90
Note: Advertised price is early bird price and requires at least a 14 day advance purchase.
This 8-hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the 40-hour recertification program required for certified administrators by providing an overview of the role of the Facility Manager in state licensed facilities for which the learners are STRTP and GH administrators AND DIRECT CARE STAFF. Students will learn about the Laws and Regulations and how to apply them when supervising clients and staff, in order to successfully manage a state licensed facility for the purpose of providing a safe, clean, comfortable residence in which to care for at-risk populations such as youth or non-minor dependents and young adults.
By the end of the course, participants will:
• The structure and overview of Title 22, Interim Licensing Standards, Health & Safety Codes 1522.41, and the role of the Facility Manager and Personnel.
• An overview of Client Populations/Family Dynamics/LGBTQ+, AB 458 Foster Care Non-Discrimination Act, and AB 1856 of 2012 Cultural Competency in Foster Care.
• Placement Agencies; Program Philosophy, Stakeholder Relationships/Regulatory Agencies.
• Self-awareness, Teamwork, and Communication: Styles and body language.
• Staff Supervision; Evaluations & Progressive Discipline/AB 581 Retaliation Protections; and Job Descriptions.
• Trauma Informed Care.
• State Regulations Regarding Criminal Record Clearances, Exemptions/AB 2343 Criminal History.
• CCL Inspection Authority, Staff/Client Ratios.
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791