The video below is a brief recap of the top 10 Best Practices for safe food handling that we have learnt in this class.
Here are the main course objectives that were covered in this course.
1. Introduction to nutrition and the importance of good nutrition for residents in our communities;
2. Tips for healthy eating;
3. The importance of hydration and signs of dehydration;
4. Hydration options;
5. What are modified diets;
6. Dysphagia and how do we swallow, how it occurs, some problems caused by dysphagia, and treatment;
7. Resident preferences;
8. Foodborne illness and how food becomes contaminated;
9. General food safety practices;
10. Hand washing techniques;
11. The importance of proper food temperatures;
13. How to properly clean and sanitize;
14. Chemicals in the food service area;
15. Other hazards to be aware of when dealing with food safety.
16. Populations most at risk
17. Safety during power outages