Some Guidelines to Remember
– Parent must provide the babysitter with pertinent information, including:
– Information about the child’s emotional, behavioral, medical or physical conditions including the need for medication.
– Current emergency contact information.
“Short-term” means that it cannot last for more than twenty-four (24) consecutive hours.
– In addition to using the “applying the Reasonable and Prudent Parent” section considerations, a parent must also consider the maturity, experience, and ability of the babysitter to provide appropriate care.
– Occasional short-term babysitters are not to be used as regular daycare while a Certified/Licensed foster parent is at work or school. Certified/Licensed foster parents may use a licensed child care facility for regular daycare.