Scenarios in which the Reasonable and Prudent Parent Standard is Required to be Used:
– Allowing the child to participate in age-appropriate extracurricular, enrichment, and social activities, such as:
– Sleep-overs with friends,
– Social events,
– School-sponsored field trips, and
– Use of occasional short-term babysitters and alternative caregivers.
– Leaving a child alone without adult supervision or in a parked vehicle consistent with the requirements of Vehicle Code section 15620.
– Access to fish ponds, fountains, creeks, and similar bodies of water.
– Access to household kitchen knives and appliances, disinfectants, and cleaning solutions.
– Access to medications for self-administration.