There are several steps that you can take to avoid/prevent cross contamination during storage:
• Store meats, fish, and poultry on the bottom of the refrigerator and make sure none of the juices drip or leak onto other foods.
• Store eggs in their original container and keep inside the actual refrigerator not in the door.
• Keep different types of raw meat separate from each other.
• Store unwashed food or raw food away from ready-to-eat food.
• Never store foods that will not be cooked in the same container with raw meat, fish, or poultry.
• Keep different items separate from one another to prevent cross contamination. Make sure everything is in a proper container that is sealed and labeled.
• Wash your hands between handling raw meat and foods that will not be cooked before eating.