CEU’s: 2 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
This course can help your team members learn to identify sources of conflict in the workplace and teach them how to take appropriate measures to eliminate it. Show the video lessons within this course to your employees so they can learn the stages of the conflict process, develop the ability to see issues from both sides and gain the skills necessary to work toward a resolution. Each of the lessons is followed by a quiz that you can use to evaluate your employees’ progress.
- Clarifies the conflict process: Team leaders learn to look at intentions, behavior and outcomes so they can better resolve disagreements.
- Builds mediation and arbitration skills: The lessons teach team leaders to take a hands-on approach to settling disputes and facilitating communication.
- Encourages harmony in the workplace: As team leaders explore different kinds of organizational discord and learn conflict management strategies, they can improve their capacity to repair relationships.
Types and Sources of Workplace Conflict
- Forms of workplace conflict
- Three perspectives common sources of conflict
- The differences between functional and dysfunctional conflict
- Causes of conflict in the workplace
- The five step process for dealing with conflict
Conflict Management Strategies for Team Leaders
- The role of a leader in managing team conflict
- Conflict resolution styles
- Mediation and arbitration
- Conflict resolution bargaining strategies
- The negotiation process