CEU: 3 FOR ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
APPROVED FOR CULTURAL COMPETENCE & LGBT
Diversity is the inclusion of a wide variety of people of different races or cultures in a group or organization. It is vital that every employer and employee has an understanding of the concepts diversity. This course will discuss many diversity topics, such as how it relates to race, age, employees with disabilities, pregnant and lactating employees, and sexual preference.
Experiencing diversity is a part of living in a civilized society. Differences do not equal a right way or a wrong way; it is variety that can lead to a common goal. Understanding the various forms of diversity makes for a better company and world in general.
This 3-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Diversity & Inclusion .
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define diversity
- Understand various forms of diversity – Racial Diversity, Employees with Disabilities, Pregnant Employees, Lactating Mothers, Sexual Harassment, Employees Over 40, LGBT.
- Comprehend the importance of diversity training
- Handle conflicts with regard to diversity
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with Module 1, then Module 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read or listen to the material and watch all videos, if applicable, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain, at least, 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next section. You can retake the quiz as many times as necessary.
- NOTE: Each page is timed, see top right hand corner of page for timer. You will not be able to advance forward, until you have completed all the work on each page and the timer has run out.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE “MARK COMPLETE” ICON ON EACH PAGE, ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THAT PAGE. You can only do this once the timer runs out
You can also Navigate through the course using the Blue navigation pane, on the top left side of your window.
You can collapse the Navigation pane,
by toggling it.