CEU: 3 FOR ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
***APPROVED FOR CULTURAL COMPETENCE & LGBT
Diversity is the inclusion of a wide variety of people of different races or cultures in a group or organization. It is vital that every employer and employee has an understanding of the concepts diversity. This course will discuss many diversity topics, such as how it relates to race, age, employees with disabilities, pregnant and lactating employees, and sexual preference.
Experiencing diversity is a part of living in a civilized society. Differences do not equal a right way or a wrong way; it is variety that can lead to a common goal. Understanding the various forms of diversity makes for a better company and world in general.
This 3-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Diversity & Inclusion .
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define diversity
- Understand various forms of diversity – Racial Diversity, Employees with Disabilities, Pregnant Employees, Lactating Mothers, Sexual Harassment, Employees Over 40, LGBT.
- Comprehend the importance of diversity training
- Handle conflicts with regard to diversity
Online Course Navigation Instructions
Per CDSS Regulations:
1. CDSS Regulations require that all lessons be gated on a forced timer.
2. You MUST wait for the timer to run out.
3. You MUST click “MARK COMPLETE” before you can proceed to the next task.
4. The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of live, or virtual, zoom or online courses.
5. You can repeat the same courses, as long as you are, in a new 2 year re-certification cycle.
AFTER YOU HAVE PAID FOR YOUR COURSE.
Step 1: LOGIN to www.careprovider.org
Step 2: Navigate to SELF PACED COURSES
Step 3: Click on the Online Courses option, and .
Step 4: Select the course you paid for and navigate to the first lesson.
Step 5: Listen or read to material, watch any videos, complete all tasks in that lesson.
Step 6: You must wait for the timer to run out, click “MARK COMPLETE“, before you can proceed to the next task.
Clicking on MARK COMPLETE before the timer runs out, will cause the timer to restart .
Step 7: Per CDSS regulations a passing score of, at least, 70% is required on each quiz to move forward to the next section.
Step 8: Download & Print Certificate:
Once you complete the FINAL QUIZ, Your certificate is available to download & print.
Course is dated when you complete the FINAL QUIZ.
Course progress will be saved,whenever you logout.
All Quiz’s can be repeated as many times as required to obtain 70%.
Gated forced timer is a CDSS regulation.
The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of in-person, virtual, zoom or online courses.