CEU: 3 FOR ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
Diversity is the inclusion of a wide variety of people of different races or cultures in a group or organization. It is vital that every employer and employee has an understanding of the concepts diversity. This course will discuss many diversity topics, such as how it relates to race, age, employees with disabilities, pregnant and lactating employees, and sexual preference.
Experiencing diversity is a part of living in a civilized society. Differences do not equal a right way or a wrong way; it is variety that can lead to a common goal. Understanding the various forms of diversity makes for a better company and world in general.
This 3-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Diversity & Inclusion .
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define diversity
- Understand various forms of diversity – Racial Diversity, Employees with Disabilities, Pregnant Employees, Lactating Mothers, Sexual Harassment, Employees Over 40, LGBT.
- Comprehend the importance of diversity training
- Handle conflicts with regard to diversity
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with 1, then 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read the material and watch any videos if any, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next lesson
- Complete Lessons first and then topics withing the lesson, if applicable.Some lessons have topics and others do not.
If a lesson or topic has multiple pages (check the bottom of the lesson/topic page for Pages 1,2,3 etc), complete the additional pages by clicking on page 1 then page 2 then page 3 etc (see image below) before moving on to the next topic or the next lesson. You can access each page by clicking on the page numbers 1,2,3 etc. IN THIS EXAMPLE, when you are done with page 3 of the lesson, mark Lesson complete and then click next Lesson
- If a Lesson has multiple topics, as seen in the picture below, you have to do the topics in the order that they are show. First complete the lesson and any additional lesson pages,if any , as explained above. Once you click the mark complete button on the lesson it will automatically take you to the next topic. As you click mark complete on each topic, it will automatically take you to the next topic in the correct order of progression.