CEU’s: 2 for ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP administrators
The World Health Organization defines an emergency as the state in which normal procedures are interrupted, and immediate measures (management) need to be taken to prevent it from becoming a disaster, which is even harder to recover from. Emergency Preparedness is the term refers to the steps you take to make sure you are safe before, during and after an emergency or natural disaster. These plans are important for your safety in both natural disasters and man-made disasters. In 2019, 67,504 weather-related events resulted in 570 deaths and 1,746 injuries. Flash floods, tropical storms and heat waves resulted in the most deaths that year.
This 2-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators by providing the basic components of Emergency Preparedness Disaster Response Planning and Disaster Kit preparation in Residential Care. This course will address the care provider’s responsibility to ensure that all residents are provided with safety and security in the home/facility.
A. Identify the Types of Disasters
B. What do the Regulations Say
C. Make your Plan
D. Create your Disaster Kit
E. Plan to Evacuate
F. What Should You Keep In the Car
G. Keeping Food Safe
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with Module 1, then Module 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read or listen to the material and watch all videos, if applicable, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain, at least, 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next section. You can retake the quiz as many times as necessary.
- NOTE: Each page is timed, see top right hand corner of page for timer. You will not be able to advance forward, until you have completed all the work on each page and the timer has run out.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE “MARK COMPLETE” ICON ON EACH PAGE, ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THAT PAGE. You can only do this once the timer runs out
You can also Navigate through the course using the Blue navigation pane, on the top left side of your window.
You can collapse the Navigation pane,
by toggling it.