CEU: 4 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
This 4 hour course is designed to meet requirements toward the Continuing Education Units, ceu’s, required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing key components of food safety practices in residential care.This course will address the staff’s responsibility to ensure food is safe, nutritious, appealing and delicious for residents. We will discuss how foodborne illness is caused and spread as well as the proper hand washing technique and general safety practices related to food preparation.
1. Foodborne illness and how food becomes contaminated;
2. General food safety practices;
3. Hand washing techniques;
4. The importance of proper food temperatures;
6. Chemicals in the food service area & other hazards like pests;
7. How to properly clean and sanitize;
8. Populations most at risk;
9. Safety during Emergencies;
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with 1, then 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read the material and watch any videos if any, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next lesson
- Complete Lessons first and then topics withing the lesson, if applicable.Some lessons have topics and others do not.
If a lesson or topic has multiple pages (check the bottom of the lesson/topic page for Pages 1,2,3 etc), complete the additional pages by clicking on page 1, then page 2, then page 3 etc (see image below) before moving on to the next topic or the next lesson. You can access each page by clicking on the page numbers 1,2,3 etc. IN THIS EXAMPLE, when you are done with page 3 of the lesson, mark Lesson complete and then click next Lesson
- COMPLETE the Quiz when you are done with the whole lesson i.e. all pages completed.
- If a Lesson has multiple topics, as seen in the picture below, you have to do the topics in the order that they are show. First complete the lesson and any additional lesson pages,if any , as explained above. Once you click the mark complete button on the lesson it will automatically take you to the next topic. As you click mark complete on each topic, it will automatically take you to the next topic in the correct order of progression.