CEUs: 4 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
This 4 hour course is designed to meet requirements toward the Continuing Education Units, ceu’s, required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing key components of food safety practices in residential care.This course will address the staff’s responsibility to ensure food is safe, nutritious, appealing and delicious for residents. We will discuss how foodborne illness is caused and spread as well as the proper hand washing technique and general safety practices related to food preparation.
1. Food-borne illness and how food becomes contaminated;
2. General food safety practices;
3. Hand washing techniques;
4. The importance of proper food temperatures;
6. Chemicals in the food service area & other hazards like pests;
7. How to properly clean and sanitize;
8. Populations most at risk;
9. Safety during Emergencies;
Online Course Navigation Instructions
Per CDSS Regulations:
1. CDSS Regulations require that all lessons be gated on a forced timer.
2. You MUST wait for the timer to run out.
3. You MUST click “MARK COMPLETE” before you can proceed to the next task.
4. The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of live, or virtual, zoom or online courses.
5. You can repeat the same courses, as long as you are, in a new 2 year re-certification cycle.
AFTER YOU HAVE PAID FOR YOUR COURSE.
Step 1: LOGIN to www.careprovider.org
Step 2: Navigate to SELF PACED COURSES
Step 3: Click on the Online Courses option, and .
Step 4: Select the course you paid for and navigate to the first lesson.
Step 5: Listen or read to material, watch any videos, complete all tasks in that lesson.
Step 6: You must wait for the timer to run out, click “MARK COMPLETE“, before you can proceed to the next task.
Clicking on MARK COMPLETE before the timer runs out, will cause the timer to restart .
Step 7: Per CDSS regulations a passing score of, at least, 70% is required on each quiz to move forward to the next section.
Step 8: Download & Print Certificate:
Once you complete the FINAL QUIZ, Your certificate is available to download & print.
Course is dated when you complete the FINAL QUIZ.
Course progress will be saved,whenever you logout.
All Quiz’s can be repeated as many times as required to obtain 70%.
Gated forced timer is a CDSS regulation.
The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of in-person, virtual, zoom or online courses.