This training is designed to provide an overview of HIV, AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) infections. Specific signs, symptoms, Diagnostic tests and treatment modalities for all three are presented. Routes of transmission, prevention strategies.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Define HIV / AIDS and TB and understand how the disease works.
• Identify common risk factors for HIV transmission and prevention.
• Identify common risk factors for Tuberculosis (TB)
• Evaluate the stages and physical signs a person may experience throughout the life cycle of the disease.
• Discuss the common types of HIV complications as it relates to community care facilities.
• Describe various treatments available for both HIV infections and TB.
• Identify issues related to community care facilities regarding HIV/AIDS and TB.
• Develop strategies to provide quality care for each resident.