CDSS Approved: 4 CEU/s FOR ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP Administrators
Approved CDSS Course Number:
ARF: 087-0445-35357, GH: 087-0445-35488 , RCFE: 087-0445-35490 STRTP: 087-0445-35489
This training is designed to provide an overview of HIV, AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) infections. Specific signs, symptoms, Diagnostic tests and treatment modalities for all three are presented. Routes of transmission, prevention strategies as well as the global impact of both.
By the end of the course, participants will understand:
- What is HIV and AIDS
- How is HIV Transmitted
- Who is at risk for HIV – Race/Ethnicity
- HIV treatment overview
- Symptoms of HIV
- HIV Prevention – Treatment as Prevention, PrEP, PEP
- HIV Testing
- TB Facts
- Latent TB Infection & TB Disease
- TB Signs & Symptoms
- TB Risk Factors & Exposure
- TB Prevention & Vaccines
- TB Testing
- TB Treatment
- Drug Resistant TB
- TB in Specific Populations
- TB and HIV Co-Infection
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with Module 1, then Module 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read the material and watch any videos if any, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain, at least, 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next section.
- NOTE: Each page is timed, see top right hand corner of page for timer. You will not be able to advance forward, until you have completed all the work on each page and the timer has run out.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE “MARK COMPLETE” ICON ON EACH PAGE, ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THAT PAGE. You can only do this once the timer runs out