4 CEUs: GH, STRTP ONLY
*** Approved for Laws & Regulations
The Foster Youth Bill of Rights was created due to the advocacy of youth in care, and its purpose is to protect children and youth in foster care, youth on probation and in out-of-home placement, and children living in any licensed or certified children’s facility or home in California.
Reasonable and Prudent Parent Standard (RPPS) was created to empower caregivers to make parenting decisions that support youth health, safety, and best interest while encouraging their positive developmental growth.
Participants will be empowered to make parenting decisions that uphold the rights and promote the positive development and well-being of youth in care. Participants will also know how to utilize the Office of the Foster Care Ombudsperson, as a resource to advocate for youth when a right has been violated.
This 4-hour course is designed to meet the requirements of Continuing Education Units (CEU) for Certified GH & STRTP Administrators.
1.The role of CA Foster Care Ombudsperson
2. California Foster Youth Bill of Rights
3. Applying Cultural Humility and RPPS to Uphold the Foster Youth Rights
4. History & Goals of RPPS
5. Reasonable & Prudent Parent Standard, RPPS
6. Concept of Normalcy
7. Barriers to Normalcy
8. Why Normalcy is Important
9. Permanency & Well-being
10. Applying the Reasonable & Prudent Parent Standard
11. Scenarios in which the RPPS is Required
12. Know before you say “No”
13. What do the Regulations Say
Online Course Navigation Instructions
Per CDSS Regulations:
1. CDSS Regulations require that all lessons be gated on a forced timer.
2. You MUST wait for the timer to run out.
3. You MUST click “MARK COMPLETE” before you can proceed to the next task.
4. The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of live, or virtual, zoom or online courses.
5. You can repeat the same courses, as long as you are, in a new 2 year re-certification cycle.
AFTER YOU HAVE PAID FOR YOUR COURSE.
Step 1: LOGIN to www.careprovider.org
Step 2: Navigate to SELF PACED COURSES
Step 3: Click on the Online Courses option, and .
Step 4: Select the course you paid for and navigate to the first lesson.
Step 5: Listen or read to material, watch any videos, complete all tasks in that lesson.
Step 6: You must wait for the timer to run out, click “MARK COMPLETE“, before you can proceed to the next task.
Clicking on MARK COMPLETE before the timer runs out, will cause the timer to restart .
Step 7: Per CDSS regulations a passing score of, at least, 70% is required on each quiz to move forward to the next section.
Step 8: Download & Print Certificate:
Once you complete the FINAL QUIZ, Your certificate is available to download & print.
Course is dated when you complete the FINAL QUIZ.
Course progress will be saved,whenever you logout.
All Quiz’s can be repeated as many times as required to obtain 70%.
Gated forced timer is a CDSS regulation.
The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of in-person, virtual, zoom or online courses.