4 CEUs: GH, STRTP ONLY
*** Approved for Laws & Regulations
The Foster Youth Bill of Rights was created due to the advocacy of youth in care, and its purpose is to protect children and youth in foster care, youth on probation and in out-of-home placement, and children living in any licensed or certified children’s facility or home in California.
Reasonable and Prudent Parent Standard (RPPS) was created to empower caregivers to make parenting decisions that support youth health, safety, and best interest while encouraging their positive developmental growth.
Participants will be empowered to make parenting decisions that uphold the rights and promote the positive development and well-being of youth in care. Participants will also know how to utilize the Office of the Foster Care Ombudsperson, as a resource to advocate for youth when a right has been violated.
This 4-hour course is designed to meet the requirements of Continuing Education Units (CEU) for Certified GH & STRTP Administrators.
1.The role of CA Foster Care Ombudsperson
2. California Foster Youth Bill of Rights
3. Applying Cultural Humility and RPPS to Uphold the Foster Youth Rights
4. History & Goals of RPPS
5. Reasonable & Prudent Parent Standard, RPPS
6. Concept of Normalcy
7. Barriers to Normalcy
8. Why Normalcy is Important
9. Permanency & Well-being
10. Applying the Reasonable & Prudent Parent Standard
11. Scenarios in which the RPPS is Required
12. Know before you say “No”
13. What do the Regulations Say