CEU’s: 2 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. Participants will be shown how stress can be positive and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple A approach that will form the basis of this workshop.
This Stress Management workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements they can change to reduce stress.
This 2-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Stress Management .
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
- Use routines to reduce stress
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
- Better cope with major events
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with Module 1, then Module 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read or listen to the material and watch all videos, if applicable, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain, at least, 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next section. You can retake the quiz as many times as necessary.
- NOTE: Each page is timed, see top right hand corner of page for timer. You will not be able to advance forward, until you have completed all the work on each page and the timer has run out.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE “MARK COMPLETE” ICON ON EACH PAGE, ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THAT PAGE. You can only do this once the timer runs out
You can also Navigate through the course using the Blue navigation pane, on the top left side of your window.
You can collapse the Navigation pane,
by toggling it.