CEU’s: 2 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. Participants will be shown how stress can be positive and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple A approach that will form the basis of this workshop.
This Stress Management workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements they can change to reduce stress.
This 2-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Stress Management .
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
- Use routines to reduce stress
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
- Better cope with major events
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them
Navigating Through The Course:
- Please follow the course in order i.e. Start with 1, then 2 etc – you will not be allowed to jump ahead.
- Read the material and watch any videos if any, and lastly complete quizzes if any.
- You must obtain 70% on each quiz to move forward to the next lesson
- Complete Lessons first and then topics withing the lesson, if applicable.Some lessons have topics and others do not.
If a lesson or topic has multiple pages (check the bottom of the lesson/topic page for Pages 1,2,3 etc), complete the additional pages by clicking on page 1 then page 2 then page 3 etc (see image below) before moving on to the next topic or the next lesson. You can access each page by clicking on the page numbers 1,2,3 etc. IN THIS EXAMPLE, when you are done with page 3 of the lesson, mark Lesson complete and then click next Lesson
- If a Lesson has multiple topics, as seen in the picture below, you have to do the topics in the order that they are show. First complete the lesson and any additional lesson pages,if any , as explained above. Once you click the mark complete button on the lesson it will automatically take you to the next topic. As you click mark complete on each topic, it will automatically take you to the next topic in the correct order of progression.