CEU’s: 2 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
***PENDING CDSS APPROVAL
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. Participants will be shown how stress can be positive and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple A approach that will form the basis of this workshop.
This Stress Management workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements they can change to reduce stress.
This 2-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Stress Management .
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
- Use routines to reduce stress
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
- Better cope with major events
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them