CEU’s: 2 ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
***PENDING CDSS APPROVAL
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. Participants will be shown how stress can be positive and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple A approach that will form the basis of this workshop.
This Stress Management workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements they can change to reduce stress.
This 2-Hour course is designed to meet the requirements toward the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required for Certified Administrators and Direct Care Staff by providing the basic components of Stress Management .
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
- Use routines to reduce stress
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
- Better cope with major events
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them
Online Course Navigation Instructions
Per CDSS Regulations:
1. CDSS Regulations require that all lessons be gated on a forced timer.
2. You MUST wait for the timer to run out.
3. You MUST click “MARK COMPLETE” before you can proceed to the next task.
4. The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of live, or virtual, zoom or online courses.
5. You can repeat the same courses, as long as you are, in a new 2 year re-certification cycle.
AFTER YOU HAVE PAID FOR YOUR COURSE.
Step 1: LOGIN to www.careprovider.org
Step 2: Navigate to SELF PACED COURSES
Step 3: Click on the Online Courses option, and .
Step 4: Select the course you paid for and navigate to the first lesson.
Step 5: Listen or read to material, watch any videos, complete all tasks in that lesson.
Step 6: You must wait for the timer to run out, click “MARK COMPLETE“, before you can proceed to the next task.
Clicking on MARK COMPLETE before the timer runs out, will cause the timer to restart .
Step 7: Per CDSS regulations a passing score of, at least, 70% is required on each quiz to move forward to the next section.
Step 8: Download & Print Certificate:
Once you complete the FINAL QUIZ, Your certificate is available to download & print.
Course is dated when you complete the FINAL QUIZ.
Course progress will be saved,whenever you logout.
All Quiz’s can be repeated as many times as required to obtain 70%.
Gated forced timer is a CDSS regulation.
The CDSS regulations limits total training hours per day to 10 hours .
This includes any combination of in-person, virtual, zoom or online courses.