CEU’s: 2 for ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
Approved for Cultural Competence & LGBT
Welcome to the Unconscious Bias workshop. Unconscious biases are the biases that everyone has, that live in the dark recesses of the human brain. These biases are grown in each individual and can greatly influence the day to day decision that are made both at home and at work.
This workshop will introduce to you the ideas and techniques for defining different unconscious biases that are very common today. It will also show the effects of these biases on the work culture and the business practices of a company. And finally, the workshop will cover the steps to introducing a successful unconscious bias training in the workplace.
This workshop is designed to help in the following ways:
- Define various types of unconscious biases.
- Identify where these biases come from and how they are ingrained in our decision making.
- Successfully confront unconscious bias individually.
- Identify the effects of unconscious biases in the workplace.
- Exhibit how to implement an unconscious bias-based training in the workplace.
- Identify the steps for handling an unconscious bias-based complaint at work.