This course is currently closed
3 CEUs: ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
This course offers tips to ensure the managers in your company have the ability to positively interact with the employees they manage; It trains managers to effectively guide and motivate employees to maximize job performance and satisfaction that will drive your company’s success. They will learn the elements of strong manager-employee relationships, as well as the steps needed to establish those relationships.
- Enhance leadership skills: Your managers can learn how to take a more definitive leadership role as they improve their interactions with the employees they manage.
- Improve workplace relationships: The lessons help your managers become more supportive of their employees, as well as better communicators, which helps enhance relationships throughout the workplace.
- Strengthen employee performance: As employees feel the support of their managers through respect, recognition and enhanced guidance, their job performance can improve dramatically.
- Motivate and empower your team: Learn what motivation is, including its two types: intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, explore two popular theories of motivation in the workplace with examples, and discover how motivation can help managers succeed.
Establishing Strong Manager & Employee Relationships
- The meaning of employee relations
- Reasons that building good relationships between managers and employees should always be a priority
- Why it’s important to build relationships during new employee orientation
- Ways for managers and employees to develop trust
Elements of Strong Manager & Employee Relationships
- The meaning and advantages of having an open-door policy
- Using humility to build relationships with employees
- Strategies for treating employees with respect
- Ways for managers to support employees when building relationships
- How to create opportunities for employees to grow
- The definition and benefits of employee recognition
Motivating Your Employees
- Workplace motivation
- Needs based & behavior based motivation
- Understanding employee behavior
- Influencing employee behavior
- Types of managers
- Using consequences to motivate employees
- Using goals to motivate employees
- Empower employees & improve motivation