Chapter 3: Identifying Conflict Behaviors
2 CEUs: GH,ARF, RCFE, STRTP
This course is Chapter 3 of a 5 Chapter Series
These lessons help managerial employees learn how to handle conflict in the workplace. The video lessons, short quizzes and tests are accessible 24 hours a day and can be assigned your employees or used in a corporate training session.
This training chapter is for supervisors who want and need help identifying conflict behaviors in the workplace. The chapter explores several types of conflict behaviors in the workplace. Have your company’s supervisors review these lessons to understand how to effectively identify and correct negative behaviors, including passive-aggressiveness, deviant behavior and workplace incivility.
By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Define the concept of workplace incivility
- Recognize different types of personal relationships in the workplace
- Identify behaviors that can undermine trust in workplace settings
- Describe the functions of emotions in the workplace
- Evaluate aggressive and passive-aggressive behavior in the workplace
- Interpret laws pertaining to hostile work environments
- Explain how deviant workplace behavior can negatively affect an organization
- Know when to intervene in workplace conflicts