- This event has passed.
December 10, 2020 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM$45.00Get Tickets
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act, HIPAA
IN-SERVICE TRAINING HOURS:3
COURSE APPROVED FOR: ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
***Approved by CCL for Laws & Regulations
Regular Price: $45
Early Bird: $40
Please note advertised price is for early bird registration and requires a 14 day advance purchase.
Venue: Live video conferencing
You will receive an email with course materials and zoom invite 2 days before class
This 3 hour course is designed to discuss the importance of confidentiality in client care through HIPAA.
When it comes to HIPAA, it is important for all staff to keep client privacy. Participants should be able to address the following questions after this course.
Do I really need to read my client’s full file before I go out to visit him/her…?
Can I tell my supervisor how the doctor’s appointment with my client went in the lunch room…?
Should I share my client’s private information with my co-worker even though they are not involved with the client’s care…?
Could I send a fax to someone even though they are on vacation…?
If you are worried that you may not be following HIPAA’s privacy act , have no fear this course is here for you!
This training gives participants practical techniques for complying with HIPAA the Final Rule issued by the Department of Health and Human Services on January of 2013.
Course Objectives:By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Privacy Act of HIPAA
- Recognize the common identifiers of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Know the importance of keeping client information private in a variety of settings
- Use effective communication tools in regard to client privacy
- Learn computer, fax & electronic device security
- Understand who is authorized to receive Protected Health Information
- Be aware of what constitutes a HIPAA penalty
***Approved by CCL for Laws & Regulations requirement
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791