***HIV / TB is Mandatory for all ARF Administrators every 2-year cycle
Take the Self-Paced 4hr HIV/TB training by clicking HERE
IN-SERVICE TRAINING HOURS:4
COURSE APPROVED FOR: ARF, GH, RCFE, STRTP
READ ME: NOTE THIS COURSE IS NOT INCLUDED IN any BUNDLE AND IS PRICED SEPARATELY. It may be swapped with these 4-hour classes, (medication or Blood Borne Pathogens), for no extra charge. Add a note during registration, if you want to swap a class for HIV/TB. You cannot swap out Sexual Harassment, if you are taking all 40 ceu’s with our agency. Sexual Harassment is approved by CDSS for Laws, Regulations & Policy – 4hrs of which a mandatory for every 40hr re-certification renewal for all certified Administrators.
Regular Price: $55
Early Bird: $50
Please note advertised price is for early bird registration and requires a 14-day advance purchase.
Handout & Zoom invite will be emailed 2 days before class starts.
Course Description: This training is designed to provide an overview of HIV, AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) infections. Specific signs, symptoms, Diagnostic tests and treatment modalities for all three are presented. Universal precautions and prevention strategies are emphasized, and Confidentiality, Privacy Laws and HIPAA are discussed. Routes of transmission, prevention strategies, and the latest statistics are reviewed.
1. To understand how the human immunodeficiency virus, the virus that causes AIDS and TB are transmitted/spread/acquired.
2. To be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of these diseases and what steps to take when you recognize them.
3. To understand that people with HIV infection/AIDS are more susceptible to TB infection.
4. To examine the different types of tests use to diagnose HIV/AIDS and TB.
5. To evaluate specific groups at high risk for HIV infection and/or TB infection.
6. To examine the different types of treatment available for HIV/AIDS and TB.
7. To understand the difference between latent TB infection and active TB infection.
8. To understand how to prevent occupational transmission of HIV/AIDS/TB infection via practices such as Universal Precautions and wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
9. To examine the history of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, the history of Tuberculosis, the latest research and the incidence and prevalence statistics for HIV/AIDS/TB.
10. To understand Confidentiality, HIPAA and Private Health Information &Privacy Laws.
11. To learn of available resources.
12. Understand what Post Exposure Prophylaxis is, when it should be taken and side effects
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791