- This event has passed.
Medication & Psychotropic Medication
June 1, 2018 @ 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM$55Get Tickets
FOR: STRTP, GH, ARF, RCFE
Medication Psychotropic Medication: This 4 hour course is designed to meet the requirements required for certified administrators, facility managers, direct care staff and all other caregivers who dispense or oversee medication administration. The course provides an overview of the role of medication in treatment planning where clients in state licensed facilities are prescribed medications, including psychotropic, PRN and OTC medications. Students will learn about the different types of medications, negative side effects, signs of overdose, drug interactions and the technical aspects and best practices for assisting clients with self-administration. Procedures for medication storage, destruction & disposal, records storage & maintenance, error reduction practices, using the MAR, and LIC forms & documentation. Medi-Cal eligibility and Treatment Authorization Requests (TAR) are also discussed.
Participant’s Training objectives:
1.To insure participant’s understanding of Title 22 Regulations, Section 80075, Chapter 1,
that pertain to technical aspects of medication management in State Licensed Facilities.
2. Medication safety includes learning about the medications that you are assisting a client
to take.The following topics will be addressed in this training:
- Types of medication and why they are prescribed
- Proper dosage, frequency, and route for taking the medications
- When refills need to be obtained so you don’t run out of medication
- Start and end dates for medications
- Possible side effects, and who to report them to
- Reduction of Medication Errors and Use of the MAR
- Procedures for a missed/refused doses, ON-HOLD and Discontinued Meds
- Storage requirements and special storage requirements (i.e., refrigeration)
- Special instructions for use of a medication and any contraindications
- (Avoidance of certain foods, beverages, other medicines, or activities)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Staff and Involved Parties
- The role of medications in treatment planning
- Navigation of the Community Care Licensing Division Advocacy and Technical Support Resource Guide, Medication – CDSS website.
3. To understand Medication Documentation; LIC forms, Logs and Destruction Logs
4. To know the role of all involved parties such as Schools, Family, Pharmacy, Court, etc.
Methods of Payment:
1. On this website (preferred): Add tickets to the Shopping Cart below and check out using PayPal: You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account or create a PayPal account to make payments on this website. You can pay with your credit or debit card: select the option to pay with credit card follow the prompts to check out..
2. Checks payable to: ‘Careprovider.Org’
Please ensure you note the participant’s name and course name on the check.
Mail to: 2648 E Workman Ave, # 308, West Covina CA 91791